Scholarship Essay Contest:
For the student essay contest, they must write about one of the following:
In what ways can my creativity improve the lives of others in everyday life?
How can communities incorporate more creative activities to help encourage youth to explore higher education in the arts?
Rules for the contest:
• The contest is open to students who currently live in the Houston and surrounding areas.
• Essay participants must be students of The Artz, know a student of The Artz or be someone related to a student who attends The Artz that plan on attending The Artz even after the scholarship expires.
• Students are between the age of 5 and 18 on January 1, 2022.
• Essays must be no longer than 750 words in length, submitted in English, typed- (written copy for younger ones scanned along or attached) in black ink and double-spaced.
•Please attach all documents in one file including ESSAY and Reference Letters.
• Reference letter must be attached from someone other than a parent or guardian.
• Each essay must be submitted with a completed entry form. Essays submitted without completed entry forms will be automatically disqualified.
• Only one entry per student per year, and each entry must be the work of only one student. Essay entries cannot have already been published.
• Any essays found to be plagiarized will be automatically disqualified and the student will be prohibited from entering any future CYI competitions.
• Please note that if this scholarship application is on a financial need basis, it is required to submit the first page of the parents’ most recent 1040 US Tax Form, showing Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). Submissions of this form will be taken into account in the final decision.
Deadlines (Deadlines Extended by 1 Week!)
• July 25th: Submissions open by email
• August 19th: Essay must be submitted by 11:59 pm by email.
• August 21st: Essay review completed by panel
• August 21st end of day: Contest winners chosen and announced to winners.
Participants accept all responsibility for late, lost, misdirected or illegible entries. Entries will not be returned; they become property of Cre8ting Your Imagination, The Artz and YÜTH upon receipt. Once Submitted, essays cannot be published without written permission from Cre8ting Your Imagination, The Artz, or YÜTH. In consideration for the opportunity to enter the YÜTH Essay Contest, participants agree to allow Cre8ting Your Imagination, The Artz, or YÜTH to use their names, photographs and essays for promotional and publicity purposes. Any prize winners are not eligible to receive subsequent prizes for the remainder of that year. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Cre8ting Your Imagination, The Artz, or YÜTH. Cre8ting Your Imagination may cancel the contest without notice at any time. The contest is void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.